Last modified: January 1, 2019
Family Holiday Traditions, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website located at www.LookOutForScout.com (“Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information We collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website, if any.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites, applications and services, such as our Facebook page.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), except as otherwise expressly set forth herein;
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If We learn that We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information; provided, however, that We shall not and do not have any obligation to confirm that all of our members comply with this provision nor shall We incur any liability for any errors or omissions with respect to this provision. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER ANY APPLICABLE LAW (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your opinions, comments and criticism relating to the mission and/or purpose of the Company; and/or
- about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information We collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, if you registered, subscribing to any services that We may offer, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that We might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although We may limit access to certain pages, in our discretion, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, We cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information We collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information and We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies We use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see the Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information Section, below.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices (as applicable).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services We offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, as they are developed.
- In any other way We may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about updates with respect to the Website, updates or applications.
We may use the information We have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though We do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
UNLESS YOU EXPRESSLY NOTIFY US IN WRITING, OTHERWISE, IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE METHODS SET FORTH, BELOW, YOU HEREBY EXPRESSLY CONSENT TO ANY AND ALL METHODS OF THE COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR DATA AS SET FORTH HEREIN, WHICH IS EVIDENCED BY YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates; or
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We disclose it to them; or
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Website or for other interactive and/or sharing features on our Website, We will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients; or
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email request to opt out at: email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If We have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that We collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if We believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information collected by way of payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Family Holiday Traditions, LLC
168 West Main Street # 700
New Market, MD 21774, U.S.A
Tel: (833) 287-2688 (toll free)
Buy Santa's Scout Activity Kit
A New Family Holiday Tradition